Note: It is very necessary that there are no interruptions to the upgrade process of the firmware as it could cause irreparable damage to the unit. We always guide our users that they should always use an Ethernet cable connection from your computer to the router.
Below are the useful points that will guide you on how to update MR1700 Motorola Firmware.
MR1700: Update the firmware
- Open any Internet browser and in the provided address field, type in: http://192.168.1.1
->Enter the password: motorola
->Click on Login
- Then Click on Advanced
- On the left hand side, click System Management > Software Update
- Click on Select File
- Find the location where you have saved the “.bin” firmware update file.
- You need to select it and then click Open.
- Put a check mark to Clear the current configuration.
- Click on “Update Software”
- Click on “Confirm” to update the software
- A 160-second timer will appear. DO NOT POWER OFF your router or interfere with this process as it can cause irrevocable damage to your router.
- When the software update is completed, you will get a message “Software Update Successful.”
- When the next screen appears, then click on Configure the router.
- After you have made the desired changes, click on Save and the router will restart.