If you like some assistance with the Comtrend modem firmware update please contact technical support. Technical Support can be reached for live answer support 24 Hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
How to download the update and log into the Comtrend modem
If you are experiencing Frequent Disconnects with the Comtrend ADSL Modem we always recommend a firmware update.
- Start by downloading the update file CT-5361T-CFE-A131-306CTU-C13_R01.bin
(it is very important to remember where you are saving this file on your computer)
- Next open any web browser (Internet explorer, Google Chrome) and in the address bar you need to type 192.168.1.1
- This will take you to the login box.
- Type in the following i.e. the username: root and password: 12345
- Comtrend page will come up with the follow instructions below.
To Implement the Firmware Update
Click on Advanced Setup
Click on Management
Click on Update Software
Browse and look for the updated file i.e. named as CT-5361T-A131-306CTU-C08_R04.bin
Then double click the file and next click on Update Software. The Comtrend will now save the configuration and reboot. Congratulations the update is finally complete.