Firmware updates are mostly used to patch bugs and make general changes to EMC Tech Routers.
The steps to perform an EMC Tech firmware update are mentioned below:
- Check the EMC Tech model number and version so that the user can get the correct firmware.
- Accept the licence agreement and download the firmware file from the EMC Tech Support Site.
- Connect the router to the device on your PC.
- It is recommended that firmware be upgraded only through wired connections.
- Any web browser can access the router’s web-based setup page.
- In the space given, type your login credentials.
- Then choose Firmware Upgrade from the Administration Tab.
- There’s a browse button there, so click it.
- Locate and open the file that the user downloaded from the support site.
- When it says the upgrade was effective, click the Start Upgrade option and continue.
- To finish the update, turn the router off and then back on.