Firmware updates are mostly used to address bugs and make general changes.
The steps to perform a firmware update for Enable Networks are listed below:
- Check the Enable Networks model number and version so that the user can download the correct firmware.
- Accept the licence agreement and download the firmware file from the Enable Networks Support Site.
- It is recommended that firmware be upgraded only through wired connections.
- Any web browser can access the router’s web-based setup page.
- In the space given, type your login credentials.
- Then choose Firmware Upgrade from the Administration Tab.
- There’s a browse button there, so click it.
- Locate and open the file that the user downloaded from the support site.
- When it says the upgrade was effective, click the Start Upgrade option and continue.
- To finish the update, turn the router off and then back on.